Preparing for a flood or hurricane:
- If possible, secure the propane tank.
- Turn the main gas shutoff valve to the off position.
- Fasten the protective dome on the tank.
- Turn off appliance pilot lights, control valves and manual shutoff valves.
- Be sure the tank’s fuel supply level is above 30%.
After the flood or hurricane has passed, look for any signs of structural damage.
Call your Sandhills Propane service technician if:
- You smell propane gas.
- The propane tank has shifted or moved.
- The tank regulator was exposed to water.
- The gas lines have pulled away from the tank or appliance or if the lines are damaged, bent or broken.
- Propane appliances or controls were exposed to water.
For more Propane Safety Information, go to: www.propanesafety.com